Our four economic and policy practice areas are: forensic economics, regulatory
economics and policy, business and financial analyses, and energy planning and policy.
We estimate economic damages for plaintiffs and defendants.
Types of Clients
• Plaintiff Law Firms
• Defense Law Firms
• Offices of Attorney Generals
Types of Cases
• Employment Discrimination
• Loss of Profits
• Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
• Lead Paint
Business & Financial Analysis:
We validate underlying economic and business assumptions.
Scenario testing of
• Key benchmarks
• Revenue targets,
• Profit & loss goals
• Break-even analyses
• Working-capital analyses
Types of Valuations
• Renewable Energy Start Up
• Office Products
• Specialty Ice Creams
Regulatory Economics & Proceedings:
We assess the claimed economic benefits and costs of parties in proceedings.
Types of Issues
• Claimed benefits of Pepco/Exelon Merger
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (Smart Grid)
• Rate Design, particularly related to low-income ratepayers
Types of Clients
• DC Office of the People’s Counsel
• DC Department of the Environment
• DC Public Service Commission
Energy Policy & Planning:
We develop workable energy plans and policy.
• DC Department of the Environment (DDOE)/Energy
Administration and its predecessor, the DC Energy Office (DCEO)
• Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG)
• DC Office of the People’s Counsel (OPC)
• DC Public Service Commission (PSC).
• US Virgin Islands
• Comprehensive economic plans
• Performance of sustainable energy utilities
• Program Evaluations
• Advanced Metering Infrastructure/Smart Grid
• Bill Stabilization: Decoupling Firm Revenues from Energy Usage