Our four economic and policy practice areas are: forensic economics, regulatory
economics and policy, business and financial analyses, and energy planning and policy.
We estimate economic damages for plaintiffs and defendants.
Types of Clients
• Plaintiff Law Firms
• Defense Law Firms
• Offices of Attorney Generals
Types of Cases
• Employment Discrimination
• Loss of Profits
• Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
• Lead Paint
Business & Financial Analysis:
We validate underlying economic and business assumptions.
Scenario testing of
• Key benchmarks
• Revenue targets,
• Profit & loss goals
• Break-even analyses
• Working-capital analyses
Types of Valuations
• Renewable Energy Start Up
• Office Products
• Specialty Ice Creams
Regulatory Economics & Proceedings:
We assess the claimed economic benefits and costs of parties in proceedings.
Types of Issues
• Claimed benefits of Pepco/Exelon Merger
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (Smart Grid)
• Rate Design, particularly related to low-income ratepayers
Types of Clients
• DC Office of the People’s Counsel
• DC Department of the Environment
• DC Public Service Commission
Energy Policy & Planning:
We develop workable energy plans and policy.
• DC Department of the Environment (DDOE)/Energy
Administration and its predecessor, the DC Energy Office (DCEO)
• Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG)
• DC Office of the People’s Counsel (OPC)
• DC Public Service Commission (PSC).
• US Virgin Islands
• Comprehensive economic plans
• Performance of sustainable energy utilities
• Program Evaluations
• Advanced Metering Infrastructure/Smart Grid
• Bill Stabilization: Decoupling Firm Revenues from Energy Usage
Forensic Economics Services
Provides expert economic opinions, reports and deposition and trial testimony.
Assesses economic damages: lost earnings, benefits, and household services.
Determines the present value of medical and non-medical life care plan costs.
Assesses front and back pay and benefits losses due to wrongful termination.
Assesses trends and correlations; develops models of causation; test claims.
Terrorism (Marine Barracks, Bombings), Victim Compensation Funds, Whistleblower.
Assesses decision-making in the economic business and financial environment.
Values the claims of loss of profits resulting from disputes or interruptions.
Assesses economic and financial value of claimed losses arising from disputes.